Saturday 20 September 2014

Busy doing nothing


So something really nice (and rare!) happened this week. Arlo and I went to meet friends at our favourite park. It's our favourite because a) a fun play park in its own right, and b) it's next to a place that serves a good coffee, which meets both of our basic needs. When we got there, Arlo was snoozing in his pushchair,  and our friends hadn't arrived yet. So I had nothing to do.

I had nothing to do. I can't remember the last time that happened. It was unexpected and really lovely. I sat on a bench, and looked out to sea, had a little ponder, that kind of thing. There's something about being near the sea that I find very reassuring. It's a constant. Usually, having a good old look out to sea helps remind me that 99% of everything in life is pretty insignificant and that 'living' really just boils down to a few basics that are really important (and brilliant).

Also, I've also been watching The Walking Dead every night this week and it also reminds me of this concept, but in a different (zombie apocalypse) kind of way. Both valid I think. Either way, I was very grateful for ten quiet minutes to spend doing nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment