Friday 20 March 2015

Friday I'm in love... with London


I got to have one of my all-time favourite dinners at one of my favourite places in London this week when I met a really dear old pal of mine at Southbank. We sat on the terrace and had the whole of the London Eye as our view. I was a real 'I miss London' moment - and I haven't had many of those since we moved. It was really nice to be out in a place packed with people, which may sound strange but you're just never really part of a crowd here on the Isle of Wight. It's pretty sleepy. On the train home I was all WHY HASN'T PING PONG OPENED AN ISLE OF WIGHT BRANCH AND WHY DO MY BRILLIANT PALS HAVE TO LIVE SO FAR AWAY AND I MISS PEOPLE AND HAVING THE LONDON EYE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY AND ALL THE REST OF LONDON TOO, ALL PLACES SHOULD BE MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE.

But then the next day I was off work with Arlo, and the sun was shining, and we went for a walk and looked at the sea and all was calm and I was all OOH IT'S SO LOVELY AND SLEEPY HERE AND NOT MUCH HAPPENS AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY AND ACTUALLY IF THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED ANNOYING MEDIA TYPES WANDERING AROUND INSTAGRAMMING THE SHIT OUT OF THE SEAFRONT IT WOULD BE REALLY BLOODY ANNOYING.

So I could never choose between London or the Island (and you can't make me!) But I'm very happy I get to hang out with the city once a week before coming home to the sleepy country for all the relaxings. But if there was a Ping Pong on the Island I'm sure I could cope with the ensuing crowds in return for the little steamed parcels of deliciousness. I need more of them in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment