Wednesday 15 July 2015

Making new traditions


I love it when something unexpected becomes a bit of a tradition. Three years in a row we've gone with my sister to watch her other half play cricket on the village green of the sleepy little village we grew up in. The first year, Arlo was a tiny new-born that we all took turns holding and staring at, the second year, my sister had a new-born of her own, and Arlo practised taking wobbly steps, and then this time round we had two little toddlers running around and causing havoc. This year we: fed ducks, played in the park, ate animal biscuits and tried to join in with clapping the right players at the right time. I hope this is one that we do year after year - who knows what next few visits could bring?



What Katy Said

10 comments:

  1. Aw the perfect way to spend an afternoon. we used to live in a village with a cricket pitch on the village green and I loved hot summers day sipping wine and watching the cricket a great tradition x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, now I know what was missing from the picnic - a nice bottle of chilled wine! Adding that to the list for next year for sure! xx

      Delete
  2. I love family traditions... they create such a comforting rhythmn to parenting! #happydays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How perfectly put - I couldn't agree more! x

      Delete
  3. Aw that sounds lovely!! I hope its something you do together for years and years!! :) #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lianne, yes I hope it's something that continues too - it's exciting to think what future years may bring! xx

      Delete
  4. That is so lovely - love making family traditions and seeing how much they change each year (and yet, stay the same). Sounds like a perfect day. :)


    Thanks for joining our #HappyDayLinky

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna - it was lovely, and I hope we get to do it year after year. I love how the little things in life can become the things you remember most fondly xx

      Delete
  5. Aww that is lovely, we have a few unexpected traditions too. Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy, I love reading through the posts on the #HappyDaysLinky - I think it's such a lovely theme, happy posts are my favourite kind :) x

      Delete