Friday 10 July 2015

Friday I'm in love... with weddings


Don't worry, I haven't done a complete 360 since I wrote this about why I have no intention of getting married any time soon. I still don't, but it doesn't stop me bloody loving weddings. One of my favourite, oldest and most brilliant friends got married at the weekend, with me in tow as one of her bridesmaids, and it was the loveliest day. The photos of the day are hers to share, but I managed to capture a few little snapshots along the way, in between all the madness - the beautiful bridesmaids' bouquets, a close-up of the lace of my bridesmaid dress, some of the table dressings as we got them ready the day before, and the venue itself, quiet before anyone arrived to make the best party ever. We laughed, we cried, we toasted and danced - all the best things. It's given me the warm and fuzzies, that's for sure.



 photo HappyDays New Badge Small_zpskpfebjmi.jpg

12 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos, I love each and every one and the flowers are just stunning. I love a good wedding they make you feel so happy don't they ? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you! The whole day was just so happy - I wish we could go and do it all over again! Gotta love a good wedding :) x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There seemed to be pretty things everywhere I turned so had I had to snap a few x

      Delete
  3. It's given me the warm and fuzzies too! I LOVE weddings... I just can't help it!! #happydays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, LOVE a good wedding! I got through many tissues over the course of the day - many happy tears :) x

      Delete
  4. I love weddings, always such a feel good day. Lovely photos, the venue looks amazing :) #HappyDays
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - the venue was just beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. The ceremony was outdoors, overlooking a lake, surrounded by flowers, it was almost too pretty! x

      Delete
  5. Did you know it's already Tuesday for our friends "down under"? So in just a few hours, let's let our Aussie and Kiwi friends get us started on this week's Wordless Wednesday at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/! In the meantime, last week's linky remains open.
    Please come share your photos! And if you host a weekly photo linky and would like to let folks know about it, drop me an email so I can include you in our blogroll.
    Please share image-in-ing’s button on your site. The code is found near the top of the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos - your bridesmaid dress looks absolutely stunning and I love the colour.
    I've never wanted a big, traditional wedding and until recently - I never wanted to get married. However last month me and my other half had a runaway wedding, we got hitched down in Devon, just the two of us (and our daughter!) However, I do love attending big, traditional weddings. Just never wanted one for myself. :)

    Thanks for joining our #HappyDaysLinky :)

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, huge congrats! How exciting. I like your style - we have no plans to get married either, but I think if we did, we'd do something like that too, no fuss :) For now I'm just very happy soaking up all the love at everyone else's weddings, they're the happiest places xx

      Delete
  7. The photo of the balloon is just THE best photo! What a gorgeous place to get married! Thank you for joining in with our #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete