Wednesday 29 July 2015

Revisiting our Spring DIY to do list


I wanted to revisit this post with our 'to do' list of things we want to do around the house because SOME OF THESE THINGS HAVE ACTUALLY HAPPENED. I'm just as surprised as you are. I find my enthusiasm for doing house stuff comes and goes, but I'm in the zone at the moment and trying to make the most of it by getting some of those annoying little jobs done.

So here's what we can cross off the list so far:
  • Get round to painting the alcove in the front room that isn't the same colour as all the other walls (can you spot it!?)  Done! Painted this at the same time as this happened.
  • Arlo's bedroom door has had a coat of primer on it for months now. It just needs to be painted. I really want to do it because I've got his name sign all ready to go on it. It just seems like such a boring task. Must make myself do this. Really happy to have this one ticked off the list - you can see visual proof here
  • Get the spare room painted so you don't see the edges of where we removed the wall at the end of last year. This is the room we've actually done the most to since we moved in - walls knocked down, upstairs loo removed, carpet removed, floorboards sanded and painted. It's getting there! This has happened and it's soooo beautiful. More pics of this to follow soon no doubt.
  • Finish the patio - finally. We're so close
  • Sort out the rest of the garden so it matches the beauty of the patio. painted fences and walls, flowers everywhere, grow something we can eat - some herbs AT LEAST
  • Paint the bathroom. I've already done it once since we moved, but it was a bad impulse colour choice. I'll never be sharing pics of the bathroom unless they're the 'before' images to illustrate how much it's changed and is newly-beautiful because it would be too distressing for you all to witness it in its current state.
  • Do SOMETHING to the front garden. Lick of paint on the front of the house. Some plants. I like the idea of window boxes too. Just something!
  • Pipe Dream #1: some fantastic wallpaper in the bedroom. Inspiration here
  • Pipe Dream #2: new tiles on the kitchen floor. Been pinning pics like a mad woman while dreaming about this. Further inspiration here.

So three important things ticked off, which I'm proud off - not too worried about the pipe dreams happening any time soon (or ever?!?) and actually a lot has been happening in the garden lately. Enough to make me tempted to break those particular tasks down into mini tasks, so I can add them back on to the list just for the satisfaction of ticking them off again (I have been assured that I'm not the only person who does this).

So that feels like good progress with the Spring 'to do' list, and now it's well and truly Summer I'm shifting focus from indoors to outdoors from now on, to try and get the garden looking as lovely as it can before the summer ends and we're back round to winter again (I'm sincerely hoping that hasn't already happened). It's pretty much our favourite place to be at the moment and I hope to spend many more sunny days out there, listening to Arlo playing the xylophone from inside his little play tent. Yay for progress!





Home Etc

12 comments:

  1. Well done for ploughing through your list! You sound similar to me in that there a million and one little projects that somehow never get around to being done. You've inspired me to keep chipping away at them X #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it feels good to finally tick off a few things, good luck with your projects! xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with finishing the patio - it's great to tick things off the list isn't it? #homeetc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good to tick things off - I do love a list! x

      Delete
  3. I do so love to cross things off a list! It's even satisfying to see someone else do it! It's so hard to get anything done when u have little ones around, you should be giving yourself a big pat on the back! #homeetc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - crossing things off a list is one of my favourite things, I'm so with you! Thanks, it's nice to stop and look back and realise you are getting things done for once! xx

      Delete
  4. Well done, you are doing so well with the list.

    I need to actually getting around to writing mine. Mostly I want to declutter a lot of areas in the house and sort through my wardrobe.

    #HomeEtc

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna, I have a feeling the list will always grow and never really be completed but it feels good to make headway. God my wardrobe could do with a right old sort out too - might save that for the Autumn though, my Summer list is enough for now! Good luck with your decluttering :) xx

      Delete
  5. Gosh — you've done SO well!! My list is on hold. If I didn't keep scuppering our weekends and spare time by bringing caravans home that need fixing up, *perhaps* we'd get the house or garden done!! ;) Oh well. Maybe next year!! :) Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc — hope to see you again next week! x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I don't blame you for that one bit, having a little caravan of my own is one of my life long dreams - even if it's just to create a little haven in the garden rather than actually taking anywhere! Such a fun project. More caravan pics please! xx

      Delete
  6. You've been so busy! Love ticking off lists! Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc — hope to see you again next week! Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - not as busy as you, I'm sure - you must have lots of lists on the go at the moment with the move! xx

      Delete